AAF D8 Auto Forwarding Information
The American Advertising Awards (AAA) are the nation’s largest advertising competition. Each year the competition begins at the local level with the 210 AAF member clubs around the country. Entries must first be submitted in a local competition to be eligible for the AAA process. The local winners proceed to 14 regional competitions, and those winners proceed to the national finals, which are held in conjunction with the AAF National Conference.
The 2019 AAF-District 8 judging will be held in Sioux Falls, SD on March 13-14. Shannon Stefke is your District 8 chair and Amy Henry serves as the National American Advertising Awards Committee representative for AAF-District 8. Feel free to contact either of them with your AAA questions.
CALL FOR ENTRY GUIDELINES:
- All ADDY® submissions must be entered using the AAF Online Entry Process.
- Deadline to submit your entries/manifest is March 6, 2020. If this conflicts with any judging or show dates, contact us as soon as possible.
- Pack Gold and Silver winning entries into separate boxes.
- Gold ADDY® winning entries must arrive separate from Silver winners and all must be arranged in category order.
- If more than one box is required, label each with box number and total number shipped; for example, 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3. This helps determine if all entries submitted have arrived. Please, no boxes over 40 lbs. and no packing peanuts. Use bubble wrap if packing material is required.
- Verify that entry forms are attached to each entry and that the entry category exists among the AAF National category listing. Entries remaining within local club categories will have to be re-categorized. Please contact your District ADDY® Chair if you have questions.
- Don’t forget to include a copy of the official District manifest.
- Confirm that only the local Silver winners that are being forwarded to District competition are included on the manifest.
- Mail entries, a completed District 8 Auto Forwarding Form and payment to:
Marketing - LEC
Dakota State University
820 N. Washington Ave.
Madison, SD 57042
- Make checks payable to 8th District AAF.
NOTE: District AAA entry fees are calculated using the TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES in your local competition ($9/pro, $6/student) in addition to the total number of local Silver winners being forwarded ($62/pro, $20/student) on to District competition. See the D8 Auto Forwarding form to assist you in calculating your fees.