The Education Foundation exists to provide ongoing funding for the NSAC competition and other student based programming. Every year, the 8th District of the American Advertising Federation encourages the growth and development of advertising students in our district by hosting the National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC). Advertising is essential. Through it, we sell our products, services and ideas. The NSAC provides valuable, hands-on learning experience to promising advertising and marketing students. We also support the creative health of our students by promoting and encouraging them to participate in the AAF awards program; The American Advertising Awards (ADDY).
The 8th District Education Foundation, managed by a board of directors separate from the 8th District AAF officers, was created to provide ongoing funding for the competition. Our goal was to raise $100,000. Once achieved, a varying annual amount of the Foundation fund will be used for projects and initiatives that promote and encourage participation in the NSAC and American Advertising Awards (ADDY). In 2013 we reached that goal and now will accept applications from eligible applicants.
The AAF District 8 Education Foundation has determined that the total amount of gifting for the 2017-2018 year shall be no more than $5,000. Funds available in subsequent years may be adjusted based on the AAF District 8 Education Foundation financial status. Amount of gifting per each approved application will also vary based on request and the final decision of the AAF District 8 Education Foundation board. Requests are eligible for funding once in the AAF calendar year; July 1 – June 30.
- AAF District 8 NSAC programs/schools and students
- AAF District 8 clubs/district that are producing or creating student/NSAC recruitment programs or initiatives
- AAF District 8 ADDY The American Advertising Awards (ADDY) student programs and recruitment
Information on eligibility; how to submit a proposal and guidelines are available from all AAF – District 8 board members or from the AAF District 8 Education Foundation board.
We encourage you to submit an application based on your program initiatives and goals. Also – we will continue to accept donations to the AAF – District 8 Education Foundation fund. If you would like to donate, please contact us for further instructions.
- Eligible subjects can request can complete the application form here
- Application forms must be completed in full in order to be considered.
- Requests can be submitted at any time throughout the AAF calendar year; July 1 – June 30.
- Your request will be reviewed and notification of approval or denial will be made within 30 days of receipt.
- Monies granted will be dispersed within a minimum of 30 days of approval but not to exceed 90 days.
- Report form (final) is required by the D8 Foundation board no later than 30 days following event or project that was recipient of funds. Date to be determined at time of gifting.